Platinum selling Country star DALLAS SMITH “has blazed a path across genres in Canadian music” (CBCMusic) for nearly two decades and fans continue to prove they’ll follow him wherever he wants to go. On the heels of a career album (Lifted) earning critical acclaim, commercial success including a multi-week #1 single and an armful of JUNO and CCMA Award wins and nominations, Smith continues one of the most talked about journeys in Canadian country music with the latest marker, his third #1 single “SIDE EFFECTS” from the 2017 JUNO Award nominated release “SIDE EFFECTS” (604 Records) released last September (2016).
Flourishing on the edge of global superstardom, Smith is celebrating his 3rd career #1 and second consecutive chart topper with the soaring hit “Side Effects” on both the Nielsen BDS and Mediabase Country radio charts in Canada. Appealing to audiences far beyond the boundaries with sonic layers and a stadium sized voice, Smith not only claims his third #1 single at Country radio in Canada, but becomes the FIRST Canadian male Country artist in the BDS era (post 1995), to have three #1 songs and ONLY Canadian male Country artist to have two consecutive #1 singles. Smith is also the first Canadian Country artist to have back to back #1 singles since Shania Twain in 1997/1998.
Armed with one of the best voices in Country music, Smith has amassed international appeal since making his country debut with Jumped Right In, a project that netted a GOLD single, 5 CCMA Award nominations and a JUNO Award nomination for Country Album of the Year. He followed with the infectious Platinum-selling single “Tippin’ Point” and dominated the Canadian Country charts with songs like “Lifted” and multi-week #1 hit “Wastin’ Gas.” The Vancouver, British Columbia native is the only Canadian male country artist to spend multiple weeks at the top of the Country Airplay Chart in the Nielsen BDS era for single “Wastin’ Gas.” Piling on the accolades, Smith was the 2015 JUNO Award winner for Country Album of the Year (LIFTED), and the CCMA Award winner for Album of the Year (LIFTED).
Produced by studio ace and long-time collaborator Joey Moi (Florida Georgia Line, Chris Lane), “SIDE EFFECTS” features 12 tracks, penned by some of country music’s most popular songwriters including The Cadillac Three’s Jaren Johnston who has written #1 songs for the likes of Tim McGraw and Keith Urban. The album showcases Smith’s incredible range and confirms this is an artist who knows which lane he wants to be in – pushing forward and soaring ahead. First single (and Smith’s first ballad), “Autograph” delivered unparalleled vocals – appealing to audiences far and wide. “Autograph” reached #1 on the Canadian Country Radio charts making Smith the only Canadian Country artist to have a #1 in 2016.
Rapidly growing his fan base in the U.S., Smith was named as an artist with “quite the following” by #CMChat who predicts that he will “be playing on more main stages in 2016.” Rolling Stone Country praised, “Dallas dialed up the amplified noise” during his set at the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival in Las Vegas, marking him as “one of the weekend’s most familiar faces.” The seasoned performer has also been on The Huffington Post’s radar as one of 15 Country Artists To Watch, highlighting his ability to draw crowds of more than 25,000 fans.
Last fall, Smith joined Keith Urban as his “invited” special guest and direct support on the Canadian run of the “ripCORD World Tour 2016”. The tour included the first ever show to take place at the all-new Rogers Place in Edmonton, AB, making Smith the first Canadian artist to step on the main stage.
- FIRST Canadian male Country artist in the BDS era (post 1995), to have three #1 songs at Canadian Country Radio
- ONLY Canadian male Country artist to have two consecutive #1 singles.
- Smith is the first Canadian Country artist to have back to back #1 singles since Shania Twain in 1997/1998.
- #1 Mediabase most played Canadian on country radio in Canada for 2014 and 2015
- #1 BDS most played Canadian on country radio in Canada for 2015
- #1 Canadian country artist on the BDS Top 50 All Format Artists chart for 2015
- 3 singles in the BDS Top 25 Canadian Country Songs chart for 2015 (Wastin’Gas, Lifted and Cheap Seats)
- 2 singles in the Mediabase ‘2015 Country Chart’ (Top 50 overall, includes international) (Wastin’ Gas and Lifted)
- Only Canadian Country Artist to have all of his charted songs peak in the top ten (current total is 13 songs)
- 2015 JUNO Award for Country Album of the Year (Lifted)
- 2015 CCMA Award for Album of the Year (Lifted)
- “Autograph” was the most added song at radio (both Country and All Genres) the week of release
- Smith is the only Canadian country artist to have a #1 single with “Autograph” at Canadian country radio (BDS & Mediabase) in 2016
- 2017 JUNO Award nomination for Country Album of the Year