Armed with an arena-sized voice, Smith has amassed international appeal since making his country debut with Jumped Right In, a project that netted a GOLD single, 5 CCMA Award nominations and a JUNO Award nomination for Country Album of the Year. He followed with the infectious Platinum-selling single “Tippin’ Point” and dominated the Canadian Country charts with songs like “Lifted” and multi-week #1 hit “Wastin’ Gas.” The Vancouver, British Columbia native is the only Canadian male country artist to spend multiple weeks at the top of the Country Airplay Chart in the Nielsen BDS era for single “Wastin’ Gas.” Piling on the accolades, Smith is the 2015 JUNO Award winner for Country Album of the Year (LIFTED), and the CCMA Award winner for Album of the Year (LIFTED).
Rapidly growing his fan base in the U.S., Smith was named as an artist with “quite the following” by #CMChat who predicts that he will “be playing on more main stages in 2016.” Rolling Stone Country praised, “Dallas dialed up the amplified noise” during his set at the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival in Las Vegas, marking him as “one of the weekend’s most familiar faces.” The seasoned performer has also been on The Huffington Post’s radar as one of 15 Country Artists To Watch, highlighting his ability to draw crowds of more than 25,000 fans.
- #1 Mediabase most played Canadian on country radio in Canada for 2014 and 2015
- #1 BDS most played Canadian on country radio in Canada for 2015
- #1 Canadian country artist on the BDS Top 50 All Format Artists chart for 2015
- 3 singles in the BDS Top 25 Canadian Country Songs chart for 2015 (Wastin’Gas, Lifted and Cheap Seats)
- 2 singles in the Mediabase ‘2015 Country Chart’ (Top 50 overall, includes international) (Wastin’ Gas and Lifted)
- Only Canadian Country Artist to have all of his charted songs peak in the top ten (current total is 12 songs)